Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Job Searching SUCKS!

So I've been busy lately searching for a job here in the great state of Texas and have come to the conclusion that this searching idea sucks!  I've been on a countless number of interviews and have submitted my resume to numerous companies and every response I get is "we have decided to go with a candidate who's qualifications are a better fit for us.  Thank you for applying".  WHAT THE BEGEEEZZZZOUS.  What qualifications do you need to work as a receptionist???  I have done all the task that are described in the job descriptions for 5+ years, yet I'm still not qualified.  It has to be that I don't have my bachelors finished.  But really how is a degree, a simple piece of paper stating that you have satisfactorily completed the courses under which major you have declared??  Experience in the real world holds nothing to that piece of paper.  That shitty piece of paper means the world to companies but does not say this person has the skills and the ability to perform the functions of a job.  This person that has that piece of paper most likely doesn't even know how to wipe their own ass.

I have gotten to the point where I want to give up, but the need for cash so I can get my monthly massages and add to my makeup collection stays in my head.  I have resorted to applying to be a courier for a laboratory when I should be the one in the lab running specimens.  My knowledge base is to expansive for most companies to grasp I guess.

Please Dear God just let the perfect position fall in to my lap.  I know you wouldn't have made this experience this difficult and taxing on my emotions if there wasn't something greater out there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment